Ooh… I’m so in love with the Bethlehem Edgelits and I had a blast creating a Very Vintage card with the Bethlehem Edgelits Dies. This idea popped into my head a couple of days ago and I love how it turned out for the Paper Craft Crew Challenge 269! Since it is Wednesday, you know what that means… I’m over at the Paper Craft Crew for the Weekly Challenge! This week we have a theme challenge featuring Very Vintage projects. Come on over and check out the Design Team submissions. The challenge starts today and ends on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 @ 1:00 PM EST.
Bethlehem Edgelits Very Vintage Card
Paper Craft Crew Challenge #269
I’m finally back after taking a few weeks off from the Paper Craft Crew Design Team. I’m excited to be moving into the Holiday Season and can’t believe it is already Thanksgiving weekend (and I’m on a 14 hour road trip today!). Caleb is already asking about ONE very specific Christmas Gift that he TOLD Grandma to buy him. I actually know for fact that the toy has been ordered. In the meantime, whenever he asks for the toy we are making him do extra homework. He is quickly learning to stop asking and constantly bugging us about the toy.
As I mentioned, I’m excited about this weeks Very Vintage card for the Paper Craft Crew Challenge. I hope you’ll play along! The fun features of the card include carefully scrunching the cardstock and die cutting out Bethlehem. There may be a little oops on the card but I still love the way it turned out. The distressing, touches of ribbon, trim and lace really help set the tone.
Paper Craft Crew Challenge
Vintage is the theme! I invite you to come play along. Don’t panic! Vintage can mean a variety of things and if you visit the Paper Craft Crew blog you’ll see some different ideas including a 1950’s classic vintage feel to a simpler vintage idea! The options are endless. Challenges are a great way to help you grow with your stamping. Setting a theme helps you establish a starting place. Take a look at the samples and let your creativity loose! Join the challenge. Make a project inspired by this weeks theme, post it to your blog or on any of your social media venues then add it to our InLinkz link provided on the Paper Craft Crew Challenge blog.
Now that I’ve built up the excitement, here is this weeks Card Sketch #247 with the Paper Craft Crew. For additional inspiration, go visit the Paper Craft Crew blog. Check out the Design Team Samples. I challenge you to create a card, scrapbook page or 3D project inspired by this weeks challenge.
SunnyGirl Stampin’ Tips & More:
- Oh, I mixed it up and used Crumb Cake for the card base today!
- As a background layer I’m using Merry Little Christmas Designer Series Paper sponged with Crumb Cake.
- The next layer is Merry Music Specialty Designer Series Paper spritzed with Alcohol and crumpled for a distressed appearance. To add even more of a vintage feel, the DSP is sponged with Crumb Cake and a little bit of Early Espresso.
- Bethlehem is die cut using the Bethlehem Edgelits Dies then trimmed down to the size I wanted. The crumb cake was also spritzed with Alcohol the crumpled.
- Behind Bethlehem, I have a strip of the 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon then a layer of the Very Vanilla 1/2″ lace trim.
- Additional accents include Basic Black Metallic Thread and the Black Mini Sequin Trim.
- The sentiment is from the Musical Season Stamp Set and stamped with Old Olive Classic ink on Very Vanilla card stock. I cut each end at an angle.
- Finally, I spritzed the card front with Cherry Cobbler ink and Early Espresso ink.
Stampin’ Up! Online Extravaganza SALE!
- The Stampin’ Up! Online Extravaganza is HERE! Don’t miss out on the great products that are available for purchase.
- To purchase products used today, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! This is the supply list for the Beachy Little Christmas Card. Click on the items to order directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! Don’t forget, if your order is less than $150.00 then make certain to use the monthly Hostess Code: HEKBE4RY
Project Supply List!
- Click on the products below to shop on-line specifically for that item.
- Love Paper Crafting? Getting a discount? Joining the Sunny Craftin’ Crew and Stampin’ Up! is the BEST DEAL of all! The Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit is the ULTIMATE Stampin’ Bundle. Interested in starting a business or are you a Hobby Stamper? There’s no risk! Do it for FUN! Do it for YOU! Hobby Stampers are always welcome to join the CREW! I can help you get started today! Just click on the Join My Team to get started. HELP me GO for GOLD and join the Sunny Craftin’ Crew!
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!