Have you seen the Count My Blessings Stamp Set in the 2017 Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog? I really feel this is a “hidden” gem. In fact, I missed it several times until I attended a NC Demo Event. That is when I discovered the set and fell in love with it. The flower is beautiful and perfect for fall themed cards. There are many reasons for me to Count My Blessings and I’m certain you can also find reasons to count your blessings so join me for the next Paper Craft Crew challenge! Today, I’m over at the Paper Craft Crew for the Weekly Challenge! This week we have a Color Challenge. Come on over and check out the Design Team submissions. The challenge starts today and ends on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 @ 1:00 PM EST.
Count My Blessings
Paper Craft Crew Challenge #264
I have many blessing and especially many reasons to count my blessings. One of those blessings would be my son, Caleb. Caleb turned 8 in September but we are celebrating his birthday this coming Saturday. My husband and I adopted Caleb as an infant. I Count My Blessings daily for the sacrifice that Caleb’s Birthmother made which meant I would become a mommy. While life with Caleb isn’t always a breeze, I also Count My Blessings that I get to be his mommy which means celebrating all the ups and downs with him. He has the best hugs and sweetest kisses.
This weeks Paper Craft Crew is a color challenge featuring a combination of any 3 colors consisting of Orange, Lemon-Lime, Black and a “mystery” color. The mystery color is whatever color YOU choose to use. For my card, I opted to use Pumpkin Pie, Lemon-Lime Twist and Dapper Denim. The colors paired with the Count My Blessings Stamp Set is a serene, fall card. Now, for some REALLY exciting NEWS…
Today’s card highlights the beautiful flower and sentiment from the Count My Blessings Stamp Set. The flower is stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black and colored use the NEW Stampin’ Blends Alcohol Markers! AND… Have you HEARD the news? The Stampin’ Blends will be available for PURCHASE on November 1, 2018! I am SO freaking excited about this amazing NEW product. Stampin’ Up! corporate is also excited about the NEW Stampin’ Blends. SO excited in fact… that they are offering a GIVEAWAY starting NOW until October 31, 2017 when you comment, like and share from their Facebook page the post about the Stampin’ Blends. Here is the link: Stampin’ Blends
Count My Blessings with Stampin’ Blends
As I previously mentioned, the Count My Blessings Stamp Set is a hidden gem and easily missed within the pages of the 2017 Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog. The fauna is perfect for fall themed cards with the flower being delicate while having a “fall” like feel to it. And, lets talk about the sentiments! There are two wonderful, elegant sentiments that are perfect for expressing to an individual that they are in your thoughts.
Today’s card features a clean, fairly simple design with coloring, layers, a little bit of Jute and some sequins. To color with Alcohol Markers you MUST use a water-based dye ink to prevent the Alcohol Markers from blending with the black ink. Memento Ink is THE product to use.
When I color with Alcohol Markers, I start with the darkest color and only add small “dabs” of color in areas that I feel best showcase the darker shades of the image. Next, I use the light Blends marker to pull the darker color towards the center of the stamped image or towards the area of the stamped image I want to keep light. Finally, I use the Color Lifter to remove excess color from certain areas and to go around the edge of the colored image in any place where color bled out beyond the outline of the stamped image.
Paper Craft Crew Challenge
I do enjoy a fun color challenge and this week we are featuring a “Mystery Color.” What is the Mystery Color? Well, you tell us! The Mystery Color is basically whatever color you decide to use with a combination of 2 out of the 3 other colors in the color challenge. There are endless options. It is a very versatile color challenge. Challenges are a fun way to help you grow with your stamping. A Color Challenge gives you a starting place… It is your palette. Take a look at this weeks color challenge and let your creativity loose! Join the challenge. Make a project inspired by this weeks colors, post it to your blog or on any of your social media venues then add it to our InLinkz link provided on the Paper Craft Crew Challenge blog.
Now that I’ve built up the excitement, here is this weeks Color Challenge #264 with the Paper Craft Crew. For additional inspiration, go visit the Paper Craft Crew blog. Check out the Design Team Samples. I challenge you to create a card, scrapbook page or 3D project inspired by this weeks challenge.
SunnyGirl Stampin’ Tips & More:
- Yep, Thick Whisper White is my go-to card base!
- The base layer is Dapper Denim.
- On the top Whisper White card front layer, I stamped the sentiment from the Count My Blessings Stamp Set with Dapper Denim Classic Ink.
- Wrapped around the card front layer, I also wrapped the Jute Twine around twice.
- The flowers are colored using the Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blends. I colored the leaves by using a combination of the Light Old Olive Stampin’ Blends with the Light Daffodil Delight then some accent added with the dark Old Olive. The goal was to create the appearance of the Lemon-Lime Twist.
- I attached a piece of Lemon-Lime Twist cardstock to the floral layer.
- For the finishing touch, I added three gold sequins from the Neutrals Sequin Collection.
- To purchase products used today, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used. Don’t forget, if your order is less than $150.00 then make certain to use the monthly Hostess Code:
Project Supply List!
- Click on the products below to shop on-line specifically for that item.
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!