With a busy schedule the last couple of weeks, I opted to use the Serene Garden Bundle to create a Clean and Simple card for The Card Concept Challenge. There were lots of end of year school activities, awards and parties keeping me busy. On the last day of school, my husband took a 1/2 day from work so we could go pick up our son and hit the road to Indiana for our niece graduating from High School. We are so proud of Kamryn.
It was a crazy start to the weekend with a puppy dog getting sick just before we were to leave for Indiana. We had to actually turn around to pick up cleaning products before we continued the 14-hour drive to South Bend, IN from Raleigh, NC. With all this craziness, I do love Clean and Simple cards especially when I’m in a crunch for time.
The newest challenge from The Card Concept challenge definitely had me in a quandary at first. You see, I don’t own ANY Owl themed stamps. Ultimately, I was inspired by the bright design with the clean, crisp look of a white background with bright pops of color. The dove fits in as a winged “animal.” We hope you’ll join us for The Card Concept challenge that starts today.
Serene Garden Clean and Simple Card
The Card Concept Challenge – TCC95
I absolutely LOVE the Serene Garden Bundle from the NEW 2018-2019 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog. The set is gorgeous and perfect for creating beautiful handmade cards. This Clean and Simple card came together in no time.
The card features a white background with just a pop of color. Granny Apple Green is one of the NEW colors and I just love it! It’s bright and fun to use especially against a white background.
SunnyGirl Stampin’ Tips & More:
- I’m using Thick Whisper White Cardstock as the base
- The base layer is Whisper White.
- Wrapped around the Whisper White Layer, I’ve added the Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon. TIP… Be very careful with the Tulle as it will rip easily. Don’t force the bow when tying it.
- I stamped the dove using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.
- Die Cut the Dove with the coordinating dies.
- The sentiment is stamped with Granny Apple Green Classic Ink on Whisper White and die cut using the Stitched Shape dies.
- Behind the sentiment, I die cut another circle from Granny Apple Green cardstock using the Stitched Shape Dies.
- Add Silver Metallic Thread to the back of the stamped sentiment stitched circle.
- Layer the die cut stamped sentiment over the Granny Apple Green circle and attach to the card front.
- Attach the die cut dove to the sentiment.
- Shop Now! To purchase products used today, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used. Don’t forget, if your order is less than $150.00 then make certain to use the monthly Hostess Code: 9GCFMJ43
- Join Today! Love Paper Crafting? Getting a discount? Joining the Sunny Craftin’ Crew and Stampin’ Up! is the BEST DEAL of all! The Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit is the ULTIMATE Stampin’ Bundle. Interested in starting a business or are you a Hobby Stamper? There’s no risk! Do it for FUN! Do it for YOU! Hobby Stampers are always welcome to join the CREW! I’m here for you to help you get started! To learn more, contact me today or click on the Join My Team to get started.
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!