I’m back with a fun, cute clean and simple card for The Card Concept Challenge featuring the Nothing Sweeter Bundle from Stampin’ Up! The card is actually a stepped-up version from one of the cards we created in a recent card class. The Nothing Sweeter Stamp Set has recently become a new favorite for its clean lines with an adorable stitched element.
So, join me and play along with the latest challenge from The Card Concept team. To play along, click HERE! You’ll also find additional inspiration from the design team. The Challenge ends at Noon (EDT) on Monday, December 10, 2018.
Nothing Sweeter Christmas Card
Nothing Sweeter Clean and Simple
One of my absolute favorite products from the 2018-2019 Stampin’ Up! catalog is the Wood Textures 6×6 Designer Series Paper. The Wood Textures is so versatile. Pairing the Nothing Sweeter Evergreen created the perfect foil to showcase this sweet stamp set. I love how the Nothing Sweeter Stamp Set and bundle makes me think of frosted sugar cookies. As soon as I have the images stamped and die cut, I start having the urge to make frosted sugar cookies.
Which reminds me… I haven’t made frosted sugar cookies for a couple of years! I did find a recipe for cutout sugar cookies that I absolutely love. My personal preference is soft sugar cookies that are moist and flavorful. On the other hand, my husband likes hard, crunchy sugar cookies! I’ll let you guess which style gets made and let me just say that my husband doesn’t complain.
How was I inspired? My inspiration for today’s card comes from the cupcake that looks like an evergreen tree! The photo colors inspired me. Then there is the sprig of mistletoe on the cupcake. I also feel that, overall, the inspirational photo features a clean design.
OK… what do you think? Is this not a fun inspirational image for the Card Concept challenge? It’s such a yummy photo. The opportunities to create a fun card inspired by this image are endless. You know you want to play along!
Sunny Stampin’ Tips & More:
- The card base is Thick Whisper White!
- Adhered with Stampin’ Dimenstionals is a 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of the Wood Textures 6×6 Designer Series Paper.
- Along the bottom 1/3rd of the card, I’ve attached a piece of Whisper White Cardstock
- I’ve stamped the sentiment with Cherry Cobbler Ink on a 7/8″ x 4″ strip of Whisper White Cardstock.
- Now adhere the stamped strip to the bottom 1/3rd of the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Next, stamp the inside of the evergreen by first stamping off the Shaded Spruce then stamping the evergreen on a piece of Whisper White Cardstock.
- Now, stamp the evergreen outline with Shaded Spruce by centering it over the previously stamped evergreen image.
- Die cut the evergreen using the Sweetly Stitched Framelits.
- Create the stitched look by adding the stitched framelit over the die cut evergreen.
- Add Gold Metallic Thread to the back of the evergreen and adhere to the Whisper White Strip.
- For a little sparkle, use the Wink of Stella along the outline of the die cut image.
- Punch out three small Real Red circles to create berries for the mistletoe.
- I’m using the Alpine Sports Thinlits for the mistletoe greenery.
- Complete the card by adding the Gold Metallic Pearls.
- Order 24/7… Place your order now! Click HERE!
- Purchase products shared today by clicking on the items below or by visiting my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store.
- Don’t forget, if ordering less than $150.00 then use the monthly Hostess Code:
Project Supply List
- Click on the products below to shop online specifically for that item.
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!