The Perfect Blend Stamp Set continues to be one of my favorite stamp sets and I love that it works great with the Stampin' Blendabilities! I also find inspiration from the current season along with using card sketches and, of course, I LOVE the Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch (maybe because I'm the one that creates the sketches!)… So, now that we are enjoying the HEAT of July, I've pulled out some of my favorite BRIGHT Colors to go along with the Perfect Blend Stamp Set. This card is a combination of all things that I love – Summer, Coffee (OK, I prefer Iced Coffee with lots of extras), COLOR and the Paper Craft Crew Card Sketches!
Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch #101
Perfect Blend Stamp Set
Here is this weeks Card Sketch #101 with the Paper Craft Crew. We would love to have you come play along and share your creation based on the inspiration of this Card Sketch. To help you out, go and visit our blog to view the submissions by the other Design Team Members by clicking HERE.
Sunny Girl Scraps Tips, Tricks and More…
- Off-setting… You'll notice on my card that I've slightly off-centered the circle element then taken the rectangular sentiment and placed it at an angle along with slightly higher than the circle. What this does is help draw the viewers eye into the project and subject of the card. When placing your elements, think about how you can keep your elements flowing from one focal point to another. On my card, I start with the sentiment then down to the bottom elements with the arrow over to the coffee cup! OR… you could start with the coffee cup, then the sentiment over to the elemental details to see how each element draws your eye from one section to another.
- Color! Don't be afraid to use bright colors on your project or colors you wouldn't normally put together. I love how the Pumpkin Pie and the Tempting Turquoise work together to create a bright, fun and very summery card.
- Dimension! The Stampin' Dimensionals are one of my favorite "tools" to use with paper crafting. With the Stampin' Dimensionals, an individual can create a nice "depth of field" on a project which helps your elements POP off the card. It took me a while to discover truly how wonderful Dimensionals are on a card and now I use them all the time! On your next card, try to use some dimensionals to bring a little "POP" and depth of field to your card. I think you'll discover that you really love the 3-Dimensional feel of your card.
- Layers… Another way to add dimension and depth to your handmade cards is to create a "color" barrier by using the Stampin' Up! cardstock as a layer behind an element. Notice how I have a Tempting Turquoise circle layered behind the Perfect Blend Stamp Set then I have a layer of Pumpkin Pie behind the sentiment! What do you think? By adding these layers, the elements are more clearly seen by the eye since it separates the elements from the Designer Series Paper background.
- 1/4" Cotton Ribbon Highlight – I really want to share with you how much I LOVE the 1/4" Cotton Ribbon. This ribbon is so luxurious. I find that it is very easy to work with and to use on projects. The 1/4" Cotton Ribbon is quickly becoming a favorite go-to ribbon for me and I KNOW you'll love it as well.
Now, don't forget to checkout the select Stampin' Blendabilities that are now available for purchase!
Oh, and you'll want to check out this awesome deal and pick up some of your favorite Designer Series Paper now available in the NEW 2014-2015 Stampin' Up! Catalog!
Finally, here are the WEEKLY deals that are available. Don't WALK but RUN to my 24/7 – 365 Day Stampin' Store and pick up some new supplies.
Oh… I almost forgot! Stampin' Up! RELEASED 3 NEW and totally awesome Stamp Sets today. There are two wonderful Holiday Themed stamps sets perfect for getting started on your Holiday Cards and a very Cute "Boy" theme stamp set.
To purchase the products to created this fun and beautiful project, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, you can find the supply list with product numbers listed at the end of this post.
I invite you to pin any of my creations to Pinterest and to share your thoughts or questions by leaving me a comment. I love hearing from all my readers – word of mouth is one of the greatest forms of flattery.
Do you enjoy making similar handcrafted items? Not a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator? DO you enjoy FREE products? Join Stampin’ Up! and my Sunny Crafting Crew now. It is a great time to become a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. To sign up as a demonstrator and join my team, click HERE!
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!