Welcome back for the Wednesday posting of the latest Paper Craft Crew Challenge! I've go another fun card for you featuring the Stampin' Up! Kinda Eclectic Stamp Set. We invite you to come play along as this challenge starts today and ends on Tuesday, October 28, 2014 at 11:55 PM EST.
Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch 115
Kinda Eclectic Thank You
This weeks sketch with the Paper Craft Crew features a design I use often for scrapbooking but just sized down for a square shaped card! My card this week deviates from a holiday themed card as I opted to use the Kinda Eclectic Stamp Set along with Blackberry Bliss and Hellow Honey color scheme. The card really did turn out gorgeous and I just love the richness of the colors together.
The card base is Whisper White Cardstock with a layer of Blackberry Bliss then another top layer of Whisper White and the Park Lane Designer Series Paper. In the upper righthand corner of the Whisper White I used the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set to stamp the background with the Hello Honey Classic Ink. Following along with the sketch, I added some Hello Honey 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon then I added the rectangles of Whisper White with Blackberry Bliss border which are angled to create a fun focal point. The top rectangle is stamped with the "sun" image and leaf image from the Kinda Eclectic Stamp Set. The butterflies are also from the Kinda Eclectic Stamp Set with the larger butterfly stamped with the Blackberry Bliss Classic ink and for the smaller butterfly I used the Hello Honey Classic Ink. To "lighten" the color I used a technique called "Stamping Off." Finally, I assembled the card based on the Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch.
Sunny Girl Scraps Tips & Tricks:
- A great way to create a stamped image that is lighter but coordinates with your card is to use the "Stamping Off" technique. You ink your stamp then lightly stamp off some of the ink before stamping your image.
- Create interest by adding elements such as multiple butterflies of different sizes
- Stampin' Dimensionals are your best friend and great for adding depth to your cards.
- Think outside the box when you see a sketch… Sometimes a great Scrapbooking Sketch can be used as inspiration for a card!
- Missing something on your card or does your card feel incomplete? Originally, my card only had one large butterfly and one small butterfly but at the very end, I added the 2nd large butterfly in the top left corner. It helped "balance" the card especially with the sentiment and other large butterfly otherwise the card felt "bottom heavy" with all the elements in the bottom left corner.
Here is the sketch for this weeks Paper Craft Crew challenge. To see additional samples, visit the Paper Craft Crew Blog and check out the samples created by the other members of the Design Team. Now, why not join us and create a card based off of this weeks card sketch and post it to the blog!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog and checking out my card! I just love the colors. So, I hope you enjoy and PIN my card.
To purchase the products to created this fun and beautiful project, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, you can find the supply list with product numbers listed at the end of this post.
I invite you to pin any of my creations to Pinterest and to share your thoughts or questions by leaving me a comment. I love hearing from all my readers – word of mouth is one of the greatest forms of flattery.
Do you enjoy making similar handcrafted items? Not a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator? DO you enjoy FREE products? Join Stampin’ Up! and my Sunny Crafting Crew now. It is a great time to become a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. To sign up as a demonstrator and join my team, click HERE!
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!