I was inspired to use the Lilypad Lake Bundle to create a Happy Birthday Card for the newest Paper Craft Crew Challenge. Well, actually, sitting here on the camper deck overlooking a Minnesota Lake is what inspired me to use the Lilypad Lake Bundle. The theme for the Paper Craft Crew Challenge is “By the Sea.” While I might not be near a sea, I am at the lake.
To play along with the Paper Craft Crew Challenge, click HERE! You’ll also find additional inspiration from the design team. The Challenge ends on Tuesday, July 10, 2018, at 1:00 PM EST.
Happy Birthday Card
Lilypad Lake Bundle
On the way up to the lake, there is an area that we pass that is a known nesting ground for the Sandhill Crane. It is always fun to look for the Sandhill Cranes. I find them to be very majestic. The Egret in the Lilypad Lake Bundle reminds me of the Sandhill Crane. As I mentioned and since I’m at the lake, the Lilypad Lake Bundle was perfect for the current Paper Craft Crew Challenge.
I personally feel this is a great set. To me, it is unique and perfect especially for anyone that lives near a body of water. The stamp set includes the crane, a wavy pattern, sailboats and more! I also love that there is a coordinating framelit. Don’t miss out on ordering the Lilypad Lake.
Lake Life for a Little Boy
Before I continue, I wanted to say Happy Independence Day!
Let me share how it was an amazing day for my son, Caleb. It started with the Golf Cart Parade. Grandpa and I were decorating the Golf Cart. The neighbor next to us was also decorating along with their young kids. Caleb started playing with the kids and defected to their Golf Cart! And, from there, he had a blast.
Caleb rode on one of the winning Golf Carts. After the Parade, he enjoyed Watermelon at the campground pavilion. Then, he connected with some other kids. In no time, he pretty much disappeared. Caleb had a blast playing with water balloons and super soakers. I even ran to Walmart to buy him his own super soaker.
I’m so thrilled that he had a great day! As an only child and having special needs, he doesn’t have many opportunities like this. For Independence Day 2018, he was like any other kid running around and having fun. It’s just another reason why I love bringing him to the lake!
But, I’m still working! This is a working vacation for me. I am still creating, blogging, sharing and working towards earning an incentive trip from Stampin’ Up! EVERY purchase you make helps me with my goals. They also help Caleb have opportunities like this. It truly is my pleasure to serve your stamping needs while you support me.
SunnyGirlScraps Stampin’ Tips & More:
- The card base is Thick Whisper White!
- On the left edge of the card base, you attach a 1 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ strip of 6×6 Designer Series Paper. I’ve used Coastal Cabana.
- I cut a card front measuring 3″ x 5 1/4″ and stamped on the bottom right corner with Coastal Cabana using the Artisan Textures Stamp Set.
- Stamp the Egret with Gray Granite Classic Ink.
- Next, you will die cut the Egret with the coordinating die from the Lakeside Framelits.
- I also die cut the grass from Soft Sea Foam cardstock using the Lakeside Framelits.
- Attach the Sea Grass to the card front.
- Then, you will attach the Egret which I partially tucked behind the Sea Grass.
- Cut the base front layer of Whisper White to measure 3 1/4″ x 5 1/2.”
- Adhere the top Card Front Layer over the base front layer. Then attach the layer to the card base.
- Stamp the “Sending Birthday Wishes” from the Postcard Pals Stamp Set.
- You then cut each word at an angle and attach to the upper left corner as shown.
- Finally, add three of the basic adhesive-backed sequins to finish the card.
And… Another Lilypad Lake Bundle Sample
Yes, I actually created a second card! This card is based off the first card but just changed up slightly. I didn’t do a double layer like I did on the first card. The Card Front measures 3 1/4″ x 5 1/2.” I’ve also used Balmy Blue for the Designer Series Paper and to stamp the water.
Paper Craft Crew Challenge
This week I’m sharing a theme challenge from the Paper Craft Crew Challenge 297. The theme is “By the Sea.” I encourage you to play along and create a project that reflects what “By The Sea” means to you. Challenges are a fun way to help get your creative juices flowing.
I encourage you to play along with the challenge. Create a project then post to your blog or your social media venue of choice. Once posted, add the link to our InLinkz link provided on the Paper Craft Crew Challenge blog.
To help you find additional inspiration, go visit the Paper Craft Crew blog. Check out the Design Team Samples. I challenge you to create a card, scrapbook page or 3D project inspired by this weeks challenge.
- Order 24/7… Place your order now! Click HERE!
- Purchase products shared today by clicking on the items below or by visiting my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store.
- Don’t forget, if ordering less than $150.00 then use the monthly Hostess Code: NCQ4PDFT
Project Supply List
- Click on the products below to shop online specifically for that item.
Join Today and SELECT an Ink Pad Color Family for FREE!
- Love Paper Crafting? Getting a discount?
- Joining the Sunny Craftin’ Crew and Stampin’ Up! is the BEST DEAL of all!
- The Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit is the ULTIMATE Stampin’ Bundle.
- Interested in starting a business or are you a Hobby Stamper? There’s no risk! Do it for FUN! Do it for YOU! Hobby Stampers are always welcome to join the CREW!
- I’m here to help you get started!
- And, for that reason, contact me today to learn more or click on the Join My Team to get started.
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!