Today’s card is sending you Best Wishes with the Stitched All Around Bundle from the NEW 2018-2019 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog! The Stitched All Around Bundle is NEW and an absolutely wonderful stamp set. There are eight sentiments of which six coordinate beautifully with the Stitched Labels Framelits. This is a MUST have set for this year.
Stitched All Around Bundle
Best Wishes Card
I’ve absolutely fallen in LOVE with the Stitched All Around Bundle. The set is versatile with beautiful Framelits which cut the sentiments out with a faux stitched die cut. I’m over-the-hill excited to have these NEW Stitched Labels Framelits which work well with so many other stamp sets.
The card I’ve created features the “Best Wishes” which is Heat Embossed and die cut on a fun tag. I’m also excited to share that today’s card features a FUN technique using the NEW Big Shot Embossing Mats. These mats are awesome for converting cutting dies to a die that creates an embossed look on your card.
Reverse Die Impression Video
Here is a Facebook Live video that I did where I use the Big Shot Embossing Mats along with the Flourish Thinlits to create a Reverse Die Impression. You’ll definitely want to watch the video to learn more about the Reverse Die Impression Technique. I will definitely be playing with this technique paired with several Stampin’ Up! Framelits and Thinlits.
SunnyGirl Stampin’ Tips & More:
Are you looking for more information on how to recreate today’s card? Then look no further! But, before I get started I hope you take the time to watch the Facebook Live Video I shared. There is lots of great information that truly explains how to do the Reverse Die Impression.
Best Wishes Card Details
- Yes, if you haven’t figured it out yet… I love to use Thick Whisper White as my go-to card base!
- The base layer is Whisper White.
- Using the Big Shot Embossing Mats with the Flourishing Thinlits, emboss the floral impressions. After a little oops in the video, I found the correct sandwich for the Reverse Die Embossing Technique is:
- the Big Shot Platform without the Thinlits Adapter,
- Standard Cutting Pad,
- Thick Silicone Rubber Mat,
- Whisper White Cardstock
- Dies with cutting portion facing up;
- Standard Cutting Pad
- After creating the Reverse Die Embossed impression, I colored the negative space with Wink of Stella.
- Next, I die cut the flowers out of Highland Heather Cardstock using the Flourishing Thinlits.
- Layer the die cut flowers in the Reverse Impression.
- Die Cut two leaves from the Flourishing Thinlits using Granny Apple Green Cardstock.
- Stamp the sentiment “best wishes” on Coastal Cabana Cardstock with versamark and heat emboss with Silver Embossing Powder.
- Using the Stitched Labels Framelits, die cut the sentiment.
- Add Silver Metalic Thread and the Silver Mini Sequins behind the die cut sentiment.
- Trim the stem of each leaf off then adhere the leaves to the card front.
- Adhere the sentiment to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals by overlapping the leaves.
- Place your order NOW! Visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used. Don’t forget, if your order is less than $150.00 then make certain to use the monthly Hostess Code: F74V2HKP
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!