Welcome back for a fun, gender neutral themed Bubble Over Card using the Bubble Over Bundle from Stampin’ Up! This week the Paper Craft Crew has another sketch challenge. I find this sketch to be a tad more “involved” but still lots of fun! So, since it is Wednesday, you know what that means… I’m over at the Paper Craft Crew for the Weekly Challenge! Come on over and check out the Design Team submissions. The challenge starts today and ends on Tuesday, March 20, 2018 @ 1:00 PM EST.
Gender Neutral Bubble Over Card
Paper Craft Crew Challenge #284
The last couple of days have been crazy fun but also weird. It SNOWED in North Carolina and we had about 1 1/2″ of WHITE stuff Monday night which meant school was closed on Tuesday. I also had a fun Monday when I had a Stampin’ Up! visitor from corporate attend my Cards-A-Latte class at the Ugly Mug. Stampin’ Up! has created a new department to focus on demonstrator development and training. It was very exciting to have Jessica Werner at my event.
Monday evening, Tracie Langley and I also co-hosted an open house at Tracie’s home so other North Carolina Demos could meet Jessica. Unfortunately, the snow did keep all but a few of us away. I refused to let a little bit of snow stop me from going so I planned extra time and made it to Tracie’s home without a problem. It was a fun, relaxing evening. There were only 5 that made it along with Jessica and it was fun talking about some of our “wish list” items, being demonstrators, sharing our love of paper crafting through recruiting and more!
SunnyGirl Stampin’ Tips:
- Can you give it a guess? Yes, Thick Whisper White is my go-to card base!
- The base layer uses a piece of the Bubbles & Fizz Designer Series Paper. I love this paper since it coordinates beautifully with the Bubble Over Bundle. BUT, it’s only available for about 2 weeks since it is a Sale-A-Bration item!
- Next, I used a layer of Whisper White cardstock with another piece of the Bubbles & Fizz Designer Series Paper.
- Across the Whisper White layer, I also added the Bermuda Bay Mini Chevron Ribbon.
- I added a banner that features a third design from the Bubbles & Fizz Designer Series Paper.
- The next layer is a square of Whisper White card stock die cut using the Stitched Shapes Framelits.
- Now, I stamped two bottles using the Bubble Over Stamp Set. One bottle is stamped with Bermuda Bay and the other bottle is stamped with Lemon Lime Twist. I also added bottle caps which are die cut from the Silver Foil.
- Attach the bottles over the left edge of the Whisper White Stitched square.
- I stamped the sentiment with Bermuda Bay and used the Banner Triple Punch on each end.
- Before attaching the sentiment, you’ll want to add some snail adhesive. Take the Basic Black Metallic Thread and wrap it around your fingers about 4 times. Carefully remove the Metallic thread from your fingers and attach to the back of the sentiment. Now, take the Basic Black Mini Sequins and attach them to the sentiment.
- Attach the sentiment by overlapping the bottles and keeping it slightly off-center to the right.
- Add three Tutti-Frutti Adhesive-backed sequins to the card.
- Finally, attach the card front to the card base.
Check out this weeks Paper Craft Crew Sketch! Challenges, especially sketches, are a great way to help you grow with your stamping. A Sketch gives you a starting place… It is your map to creativity. Take a look at this weeks sketch and let your creativity loose! Join the challenge. Make a project inspired by this weeks sketch, post it to your blogor on any of your social media venues then add it to our InLinkz link provided on the Paper Craft Crew Challenge blog.
Now that I’ve built up the excitement, here is this weeks Card Sketch #284 with the Paper Craft Crew. For additional inspiration, go visit the Paper Craft Crew blog. Check out the Design Team Samples. I challenge you to create a card, scrapbook page or 3D project inspired by this weeks challenge.
SunnyGirlScraps Tidbits & News:
JOIN THE CREW! BECOME A MEMBER OF THE SUNNY CRAFTIN’ CREW TODAY!
- TIME is RUNNING OUT! There is only about 2 weeks remaining to join… THIS is NOT a gimmick! There are NO strings attached. Join for the fun and be part of a wonderful, inspiring crafty community! Don’t like it, then just let drop BUT you get to keep everything without any penalties.
- SO, HAVE you ever thought about being a demonstrator? Now is a GREAT time to become a crew member by joining the Sunny Craftin’ Crew. Here’s what you can get with your Starter Kit when you join during Sale-a-Bration:
- With your $99 Starter Kit, you get $125 of product (your choice) with FREE SHIPPING.
- During Sale-a-Bration, you earn 2 free stamp sets from the ANNUAL CATALOG (your choice) at any price. That’s a HUGE bonus!
- You’ll save 20% on everything you buy straight out of the gate (with an opportunity to save more).
- You have access to sneak peeks and early product releases.
- You get to be a part an incredible online community.
- Join Stampin’ Up! today and experience the fun!
- I would love to introduce you to my group! I love the CREW! This is an AMAZING opportunity for you to join or re-join. If you have questions, please email me. I’m happy to set up a call to chat with you about this amazing opportunity. Fill out the Contact Form Below or better yet, JOIN NOW!
- When you join my team you also help me out! I’m really trying to earn my FIRST incentive trip especially since this is the trip where every person in my family would be celebrating milestone birthdays! Mike and I will be celebrating the BIG 5 – OH (eek!) and Caleb would be celebrating a double-digit birthday as he turns 10 (double EEK)!
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!