The Happy Wishes Sale-A-Bration Stamp Set is amazing with the options available for sentiments. It is a Level 2 Stamp Set that YOU can select for FREE when you place a $100.00 Stampin’ Up! order during Sale-A-Bration! Today’s card is for the NEW Color Challenge over at the Paper Craft Crew. Go, checkout the Paper Craft Crew for the Weekly Challenge and inspiration! The challenge starts today and ends on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 @ 1:00 PM EST.
Happy Wishes Sale-A-Bration Anniversary Card
PCC276 – Color Challenge
Let’s talk about SNOW in the South! Yes, today, is a SNOW day and I have an 8 year old at home along with my husband. My husbands employer actually closed for non-essential employees even though there was NO snow as of 7 AM this morning. The snow is supposed to start around 8 AM today (note… edited to say the snow didn’t actually start until almost 2:30 PM!!!). Weather is the ONLY thing on TV as the news stations cover the snow storm. I’ve had a VERY bored CHILD and HUSBAND! Why did I think today would be a PRODUCTIVE day?!?!
So, in between taking breaks to play with a bored child that wants to play with his remote control Dusty, I’ve been working on this blog post. Play for 30 minutes, then work on blog post for about 30 minutes then play for another 30 minutes… Dusty needs “breaks” to conserve energy so the batteries don’t die.
Wish me LUCK!
I love the elegance of the “happy” and “best” in the Happy Wishes Stamp Set. They are perfectly paired with the smaller sentiments in the stamp set. Today’s card features primarily Cherry Cobbler paired with Smoky Slate with a small accent of Powder Pink. The “Happy” from the Happy Wishes Sale-A-Bration Stamp Set is stamped with the Smoky Slate on Whisper White card stock. I’ve added a little Powder Pink border at the base of the Whisper White. Using the Sweet Cake Framelits from the Cake Soiree Bundle (Click here to order the bundle!), I added Cherry Cobbler accents on each side of the strip.
To finish the card, I heat embossed the “anniversary” sentiment with silver embossing powder. I also added some additional silver accents with the mini silver sequins and silver metallic thread. Finishing off the card is the Silver Baker’s Twine wrapped around the Whisper White a few times then tied in a bow.
This week we have a color challenge! You design a card using any 3 of the 4 colors shown. This challenge is limitless with possibilities for the design of the card. Remember, challenges are a great way to help you improve your stamping skills. A Color Challenge gives you a starting place… you don’t need to think of colors and instead just focus on the design. Join the challenge. Make a project inspired by this weeks sketch, post it to your blogor on any of your social media venues then add it to our InLinkz link provided on the Paper Craft Crew Challenge blog.
Now that I’ve built up the excitement, here is this weeks Color Challenge #276 with the Paper Craft Crew. For additional inspiration, go visit the Paper Craft Crew blog. Check out the Design Team Samples. I challenge you to create a card, scrapbook page or 3D project inspired by this weeks challenge.
SunnyGirl Stampin’ Tips & More:
- The card base is Thick Whisper White… I love the THICK Whisper White for a good, solid base! Order some Thick Whisper White card stock by clicking HERE!
- I use Cherry Cobbler card stock for the first layer. Click here to order a pack today!
- The next layer is Whisper White stamped with the “Happy” sentiment from the Happy Wishes Sale-A-Bration Stamp Set using Smoky Slate.
- Behind the Whisper White top layer, I also added a Powder Pink accent which I punched using the Decorative Ribbon Border Punch. You can order Powder Pink cardstock HERE!
- The Cherry Cobbler fauna elements are die cut using the Sweet Cakes Framelits. I attached the elements behind the Whisper White layer.
- I love metallic elements. You’ll see that I added silver mini sequins along with silver metallic thread as an accent behind the cherry cobbler elements.
- The Anniversary is stamped with VersaMark then I heat embossed using Silver Embossing Powder.
- I finished the card by adding Silver Baker’s Twine and tied a bow.
- To purchase products used today, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used. Don’t forget, if your order is less than $150.00 then make certain to use the monthly Hostess Code: QRXWUXBK
Project Supply List!
- Click on the products below to shop on-line specifically for that item.
- Join my Stampin’ Up! team TODAY! I would love to have you be part of the Sunny Craftin’ Crew! Click HERE!
- Now is the time to join for the BEST DEAL offered by Stampin’ Up!
- The Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit is the ULTIMATE Stampin’ Bundle. Interested in starting a business or are you a Hobby Stamper?
- There’s no risk! Do it for FUN! Do it for YOU! Hobby Stampers are always welcome to join the CREW!
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!