Oh my, Santa’s Suit Stamp Set from Stampin’ Up! is so adorable. This stamp set is NOW available with the release of the 2017 Holiday Catalog! This week the Paper Craft Crew has a fun sketch! Since it is Wednesday, you know what that means… the Paper Craft Crew has released a new Weekly Challenge! This week it is a Sketch Challenge. Go visit the Paper Craft Crew blog and check out the Design Team submissions. The challenge starts today and ends on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 @ 1:00 PM EST.
Santa’s Suit Holiday Card
Paper Craft Crew Challenge #268
Welcome back! I’m so excited about this weeks card featuring a NEW Stampin’ Up! Stamp Set from the 2017 Holiday Catalog. If you haven’t received a catalog, please contact me and let me know you would love to have a catalog. I would love to get a catalog out to you. So the Santa’s Suit Stamp Set is absolutely adorable. I had fun creating today’s card.
But, before I had a chance to finish the card yesterday, I had to take a break to spend time with my family by taking Caleb to his first All-Boys Hip Hop Dance class. Let me just say… We have a LOT of work ahead of us. Caleb definitely had a blast BUT we need to work on him paying attention to the instructor instead of staring in the MIRROR to watch himself. Yes, he was loving all the mirrors. My hope is that he really enjoys the Hip Hop and that it helps him learn that he can do anything he sets his mind to. He is so afraid to try new things sometimes and gets it in his head that he can’t do it when we know he can with a little extra help. I ask that you lift Caleb up in PRAYER (and I think the instructor could use some extra prayers).
Of course, I made a comment to the other parents and they all laughed at me. It seems my son is no different than any of the other boys their first time in class. Boys LOVE to watch themselves run, jump and be silly in front of the mirrors. I predict it will be an interesting dance season.
Santa’s Suit Stamp Set
The Santa’s Suit Stamp Set is found on page 23 of the 2017 Holiday Catalog. I love that it is also part of a bundle so it is easy to cut out the different pieces of Santa’s Suit. Today’s card, features Santa wearing his Long Johns while his Santa Suit is on the line drying. Yes, he needs a clean Santa Suit before he delivers toys.
Paper Craft Crew Challenge
Eek! I love this weeks fun Sketch! There is so many options. Challenges, especially sketches, are a great way to help you grow with your stamping. A Sketch gives you a starting place… It is your map to creativity and an excuse to enjoy some crafty fun in your craft room. Take a look at this weeks sketch and let your creativity loose! Join the challenge. Make a project inspired by this weeks sketch, post it to your blog or on any of your social media venues then add it to our InLinkz link provided on the Paper Craft Crew Challenge blog.
Now that I’ve built up the excitement, here is this weeks Card Sketch #258 with the Paper Craft Crew. For additional inspiration, go visit the Paper Craft Crew blog. Check out the Design Team Samples. I challenge you to create a card, scrapbook page or 3D project inspired by this weeks challenge.
SunnyGirl Stampin’ Tips & More:
- Yep, Thick Whisper White is my go-to card base!
- The base layer is Whisper White layered on Crumb Cake.
- For the focal layer, I first stamped the clothes line on Whisper White with Basic Black Archival then attached it to Crumb Cake.
- Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack creates a fun background on the lower half of the focal layer. I’ve also added an Old Olive Banner.
- The Sentiment is stamped with Old Olive Classic Ink then die cut with the Circle shape from the Stitched Shapes Framelits and layered on a Crumb Cake Scallop Circle from the Layering Circle Framelits. I’ve also added Old Olive Pine Boughs die cut using the Pretty Pines Thinlits which is a die set found in the Annual Catalog.
- Santa replaces the small floral accent from the sketch. Isn’t he adorable?
- The Sentiment with Santa and the Pine Boughs are attached to the focal layer slightly off the right edge.
- Next, I added Santa’s coat and trousers hanging from the clothes line with tiny clothes hangers.
- Another fun product from the 2017 Holiday Catalog is the Mini Tinsel Trim Combo Pack. I used the Real Red in the background and frayed the ends slightly.
- Finally, I attached the focal layer over the Tinsel Trim.
- To purchase products used today, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used. Don’t forget, if your order is less than $150.00 then make certain to use the monthly Hostess Code: 9KZGVCNT
Project Supply List!
- Click on the products below to shop on-line specifically for that item.
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!