Today I’m sharing a Night of Navy monochromatic card featuring the Floral Phrases Stamp Set with a touch of sparkle. Yes, It’s Wednesday and you know what that means… I’m over at the Paper Craft Crew for the Weekly Card Sketch Challenge! Come on over and check out this weeks sketch as well as the Design Team submissions. The challenge starts today and ends on Tuesday, April 28th at 1:30 PM EST.
So Blue with Floral Phrases Stamp Set
Paper Craft Crew Challenge #240
I’m really looking forward to life getting back to normal! It has been a crazy few weeks starting with the Craft Retreat to Virginia Beach, VA the weekend of March 24th to 26th! The weekend was amazing and the weather at the beach was sunny. I can’t wait to host the next retreat the weekend of October 27th to the 29th. Fall Registration for ALL crafters will be opening soon for the Craft-N-Relax Retreat in Virginia Beach, VA. For more details and registration information, make certain you are signed up for my newsletter.
Then, two weeks later was OnStage Local! I attended the Richmond, VA OnStage event and was honored to be a Display Stamper. I’ll be sharing my Display Stamper projects soon. Let me just say that the 2017-2018 Stampin’ Up! Catalog is AMAZING! Stampin’ Up! has hit this one out of the ballpark it is so amazing and you definitely NEED one as soon as it is available. If you would like a Catalog from me, please leave a comment or contact me through my contact link.
Now, for this weeks Paper Craft Crew Challenge #240, I’m sharing a gorgeous Blue Monochromatic Card featuring the Floral Phrases Stamp Set which is part of the Floral Boutique Suite in the current catalog. The card does feature some retiring products such as the gorgeous Floral Boutique Designer Series Paper and Night of Navy Baker’s Twine. In fact, the Basic Rhinestones have already sold out so you’ll need to wait for the new catalog and the NEW Basic Rhinestones.
Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch
To help you get started creating a card here is this weeks Card Sketch with the Paper Craft Crew. I love using sketches and challenges to help me when I’m experiencing a mental creative block. If you are having a mental creative block, challenges are a great way to kickstart your creative juices.
I invite you to check out the challenge by visiting the Paper Craft Crew, then create a card inspired by this weeks Card Sketch and post to the blog! It isn’t hard and can certainly be lots of fun. Don’t worry if you don’t have a blog, you can still share your creation with the Paper Craft Crew through various Social Media outlets. InLinkz will walk you through the process of posting your project.
SunnyGirl Stampin’ Tips & More:
- The card base is Thick Whisper White layered with a background layer featuring the Floral Boutique Designer Series Paper along with the Floral Phrases Stamp Set. I then added a Whisper White top layer with a piece of Night Of Navy Cardstock layered at an angle behind the Whisper White to create contrast. On the top layer of Whisper White there is also another piece of the Floral Boutique Designer Series Paper that has a beautiful, floral design.
- Adding elements and embellishments to your card helps pull everything together. I start with the Sentiment from the Floral Phrases stamp set which is stamped with Versamark then heat embossed with Silver Embossing Powder. The sentiment is then die cut using the Stitched Shapes Framelits that are also layered with a Night of Navy scalloped oval die cut using the Layering Oval Framelits. NEW Basic Rhinestones add additional sparkle by highlighting the sentiment. I’ve also added both Night of Navy and Whisper White Baker’s Twine behind the sentiment.
- Using die cut images is an excellent way to add gorgeous detail and elements to a card. I’ve used the Flourish Thinlits to create delicate details that compliment the whole feel of the card. Owning a Big Shot is a MUST!
- The photo below showcases key products for today’s card. Feel free to save or PIN the card so you have the details for re-creating the card. If you are viewing this post by email, you’ll need to click the title of the post to access my blog and pin. See ALL my labeled product photos in one spot on my “Stamp It Today Tips” board on Pinterest.
- To purchase products used today, especially the Floral Phrases Stamp Set, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used. Don’t forget, if your order is less than $150.00 then make certain to use the monthly Hostess Code: BG9KFXMW
Project Supply List!
- Click on the products below to shop on-line specifically for that item.
- Love Paper Crafting? Getting a discount? Joining the Sunny Craftin’ Crew and Stampin’ Up! is the BEST DEAL of all! The Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit is the ULTIMATE Stampin’ Bundle. Interested in starting a business or are you a Hobby Stamper? There’s no risk! Do it for FUN! Do it for YOU! Hobby Stampers are always welcome to join the CREW! I’m here for you to help you get started! To learn more, contact me today or click on the Join My Team to get started.
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!