I’m bringing you yummy goodness with a Sweet Cupcake Card! It’s Wednesday and you know what that means… I’m over at the Paper Craft Crew for the Weekly Card Sketch Challenge! Come on over and check out this weeks sketch as well as the Design Team submissions. The challenge starts today and ends on Tuesday, March 28th at 1:30 PM.
Sweet Cupcake Card
Paper Craft Crew Challenge #236
Oh, I love cupcakes especially yummy cupcakes from a specialty Cupcake Bakery! I’m personally a horrible cupcake maker. They never turn out exactly as I hope they will and are not very pretty looking. So, today I’ve created a yummy Sweet Cupcake Card for the Paper Craft Crew challenge. This is where I excel. While I’m actually a pretty good baker, cupcakes just don’t turn out to my high expectations so I’ll stick to sweet cupcakes in paper form.
SunnyGirl Card Recipe:
- The card base is a 5″ x 5″ card base with a Pacific Point card layer dry embossed using the Festive Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.
- I’ve added a strip of the Party Animal Designer Series Paper as a layer on the Pacific Point with a piece of Emerald Envy Baker’s Twine. The Party Animal Embellishment is tied on to the card also with a piece of the Emerald Envy Baker’s Twine.
- A circular layer was added using the Layering Circle Framelits with a Stitched Shapes circle layered on Tangerine Tango.
- I stamped the cupcake using the Sweet Cupcake Stamp Set then die cut with the coordinating Cupcake Cutouts Framelits. The cupcake features Emerald Envy for the base with Crushed Curry as the “lemon” frosting.
- The Party Animal Embellishment replaces the sketch element in the upper left corner then I added a 1″ Circle punched out of Crushed Curry cardstock then a 3/4″ circle punched out of the Tangerine Tango cardstock.
- As a finishing touch, I used the “sweet” from the Cupcake Cutouts Framelits which was die cut 3 times out of Pacific Point cardstock then glued together, stamped with Versamark then heat embossed with Clear Embossing powder to create a nice shine which helps the “sweet” really pop!
Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch
Here is this weeks Card Sketch with the Paper Craft Crew featuring a square sketch. This is a fun sketch and we hope you’ll play along. If you are having a mental creative block, card sketches are a great way to kickstart your creative juices.
You definitely want to visit the Paper Craft Crew Blog! There is so much inspiration and creativity shared by the Design Team. Then, once you are inspired, create a card and share it somewhere on social media but don’t forget to link it to the Paper Craft Crew blog using the InLinz link provided at the bottom of the blog post.
SunnyGirl Stampin’ Tips & More:
- Pin it! The photo below showcases key products for today’s card that you can save or pin to Pinterest. If you are viewing this post by email, you’ll need to click the title of the post to access my blog and pin. See ALL my labeled product photos in one spot on my “Stamp It Today Tips” board on Pinterest.
- Shop Now! To purchase products used today, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used. Don’t forget, if your order is less than $150.00 then make certain to use the monthly Hostess Code:
- Project Supply List! Click on the products below to shop on-line specifically for that item.
- Join Today! Love Paper Crafting? Getting a discount? Joining the Sunny Craftin’ Crew and Stampin’ Up! is the BEST DEAL of all! The Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit is the ULTIMATE Stampin’ Bundle. Interested in starting a business or are you a Hobby Stamper? There’s no risk! Do it for FUN! Do it for YOU! Hobby Stampers are always welcome to join the CREW! I’m here for you to help you get started! To learn more, contact me today or click on the Join My Team to get started.
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!