The July 2017 Paper Pumpkin Positively Picturesque Kit is probably one of my absolute FAVORITE Paper Pumpkin Kits. It was so fun creating alternative projects for this months “A Paper Pumpkin Thing” blog hop.! A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop happens on the last Thursday of every month and features alternative projects using the current Paper Pumpkin Kit. We are a group of demonstrator that look forward to inspiring you.
Positively Picturesque Paper Pumpkin
Alternative Paper Pumpkin Projects
Yes… I’m so excited to be sharing some fun projects today. I almost forgot to change my mailing address to my parents home and remember just last minute. Caleb and I are still in Minnesota and yesterday we arrived back at the lake in Nevis, MN for a long weekend. My “plan” is to be on the road Tuesday, August 1st heading back towards North Carolina with maybe a couple of stops to visit some stamping friends and a quick visit to South Bend, IN to visit my brother to celebrate my oldest nieces 20th birthday before she heads off to Ireland in September for a semester of college courses overseas.
Positively Picturesque Paper Pumpkin with a twist of Lemon Lime
Today’s projects rely heavily on my favorite new COLOR, Lemon Lime Twist! I’ve mentioned it numerous times but Lemon Lime Twist is definitely a great “neutral” since it goes with everyone and really creates a fun pop of color on projects. There are two projects I’m sharing today. The first project is a card that prominently features the watercolor wash along with a few other elements from the Positively Picturesque Paper Pumpkin Kit. I’ve created a fun treat holder for the second project. The second project prominently features the stamp set.
Project #1 – Positively Picturesque Paper Pumpkin Card
This Positively Picturesque Paper Pumpkin Card features a fresh, fun and bright design. The card showcases the Watercolor Wash along with the Wooden Element from the Kit. Another kit product used are the stamp set and Washi Tape.
Project Details – Card
- I’ve used the Thick Whisper White cardstock for the card base.
- The base layer is Lemon Lime Twist stamped using the Diagonal Stripe Background Stamp.
- Next, I layered the Watercolor Wash card front from the Positively Picturesque Paper Pumpkin Kit on a piece of Lemon Lime Twist cardstock.
- Along the top left edge, I stamped the “plus” style image with Basic Gray Archival Ink then layered the Washi tape over the top. The stamp and Washi Tape are from the kit.
- I also stamped the “It’s Your Day” with the Basic Gray Archival Ink then added the wooden element from the Positively Picturesque Paper Pumpkin Kit.
- As a finishing touch, I added the Lemon Lime Twist 2017-2019 In Color Bitty Bow.
Project #2 – Positively Picturesque Paper Pumpkin Treat Envelope
Are you looking for a fun little treat holder? Need a quick, easy project to say thank you or maybe a back to school Teacher Gift?
Project Details – Treat Envelope
- Using a Stampin’ Up! Medium Envelope, find the center of the flap and cut down to the flap crease. Seal one half of the envelope flap. Fold envelope in half.
- Perpendicular to the fold, attach a long piece of ribbon. I choose to use the Lemon Lime Twist 1/2″ Finely Woven Ribbon.
- Once the ribbon is attached, I decorated the envelope by adding a layer of Whisper White stamped with Lemon Lime Twist using the Diagonal Stripe Background Stamp.
- The top layer features the “Thanks” stamped using Tranquil Tide along with three cute little tulips stamped with Lemon Lime Twist and Flirty Flamingo.
- Rhinestones are added to the front of the project for a little bit of sparkle.
- Inside the project, I added my business card on one flap then the fun sentiment from the Crafting Forever Stamp Set accented with the Washi Tape from the Positively Picturesque Paper Pumpkin Kit.
- I slipped a small Abdallah Chocolate Treat inside the open half of the envelope then tied it shut.
We are so glad to have the opportunity to inspire you as you’ve visited each blog on “It’s a Paper Pumpkin Thing” Blog Hop. If you haven’t completed the blog hop, the next person you want to visit at the top of the lineup is Sara Levin! I’m certain you’ll enjoy the projects she has to share with you! To view her blog, you can click on her name or on the Paper Pumpkin Next Button.
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!