It’s a Birthday Bash with Birthday Fiesta fun on the One Stamp At A Time Blog Hop! On the 2nd Thursday of the month starting at 6:30 AM EST, the OSAT Blog Hop features a new theme. This month it is a Birthday Bash celebration. You can never go wrong celebrating with a birthday bash and creating fun Birthday projects.
Birthday Fiesta Fun
It’s a Birthday Bash
WooHoo! It’s a Birthday Bash. Did I mention that March is my birthday month? I’m totally all about celebrating birthday’s. Better yet, why not celebrate the whole month. I know I’m not getting any younger! This year my husband and I even mixed things up a bit by trying a new restaurant. My husband doesn’t care for Asian food but after having gone to lunch at a Thai / Laotian Restaurant back in January, he knew he had to take me. The best part… He discovered at least 2 items on the menu that he loves! I’ll keep on working on him to help expand his food choices.
Project #1 – Birthday Fiesta Llama Llama Card
The Llama from the Birthday Fiesta Stamp Set is one of my favorite fellas. This guy just loves to send birthday wishes with a quirky smile. He is all dressed up with a fancy blanket even. Really… This is a fun stamp set!
- Card base is a standard A2 card using Thick Whisper White Card Stock.
- The base layer is Crumb Cake with a Whisper White layer stamped using the Hardwood Background Stamp then sponged with Smoky Slate Classic Ink.
- Fun, Crushed Curry streamers help set the tone for a fun Birthday Bash.
- Mr. Llama is stamped with Basic Black ink and Tempting Turquoise on his blanket. I used the coordinating Fiesta Time Framelits to cut him out of Whisper White cardstock.
- The sentiment is stamped with Pumpkin Pie Classic ink. I used the Stitched Shapes (#145372) Framelits to die cut the stitched oval. Flowers accent the sentiment and are also die cut using the Fiesta Time Framelits (#141475).
- To assemble, attach the streamers then layer on the sentiment, Mr. Llama and the flowers.
- As a finishing touch I added the Enamel Shapes.
Project #2 – Birthday Bash Bag
Since this is a Birthday Bash, I needed to make a fun birthday fiesta bag. I love the Gift Box Punch Board since it makes it so easy to create great packaging quickly. This bag also features the fun, bright Festive Birthday Designer Series Paper along with the Birthday Fiesta Stamp Set. At 8 1/4″ tall, you’ll find that this bag will hold a lot of goodies!
- I use one sheet of the Festive Birthday Designer Series Paper trimmed down to 12″ x 11.”
- Following the directions on the punch board, you’ll punch and score. Make certain to have the pattern you want on the outside of the bag to be facing upwards.
- After you have followed the directions on the punch board, you’ll use the bone folder to fold along the scored edges.
- Using Tear & Tape Adhesive, assemble the bag.
- The tag is made using the Stitched Shapes Framelits layered with the Layering Ovals Framelits.
- I use Tempting Turquoise Classic Ink to stamp the sentiment.
- For added flourish, I stamped with Emerald Envy vine style flourish above and below the sentiment.
- The cactus is stamped with Emerald Envy and die cut using the Fiesta Time Framelits.
- I stamped the flowers with Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry and Tempting Turquoise. They are attached to the tag then finished off with Rhinestone Jewels.
- Finally, I attached the tag with a Gold Binder Clip tied with a piece of Emerald Envy 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon (#142742).
Thank you for visit my blog. Click here to visit Andrea Tracy-Tucker for the next blog on the OSAT Blog Hop or click on the Next Button below. I’m certain you’ll find lots of Birthday Bash inspiration so don’t skip a blog.