Before I start today’s post about my Jar of Love I must ask one of my followers NOT to read this blog post! So, Lori Schmidt, if you have read this far, STOP! Do NOT proceed past this point. Today’s post is all about the Graduation Card I’ve created for my niece and God Daughter, Kerrigan!
So, yes, it’s Wednesday and you know what that means… I’m over at the Paper Craft Crew for the Weekly Card Sketch Challenge and I’m so excited to featuring the NEW Jar of Love Stamp Set and Everyday Jars Framelits! Come on over, check out this color challenge along with all the Design Team submissions. The challenge starts today and ends on Tuesday, June 14th @ 11:55 PM ET.
(Lori… if you are still reading, stop here! I want the card to be a surprise for you as well!)
Paper Craft Crew Color Challenge 198
Jar of Love Graduation Card
I am so excited about sharing today’s card that I created for the Paper Craft Crew Color Challenge. The NEW Jar of Love Stamp Set is more than I imagined and such a gorgeous stamp set. It took me a bit to figure out some of the layering pieces but once I did it was easy to use. One of my favorite features of the Jar of Love Stamp Set is that it has three different sized jars, plenty of sentiments, fun pieces for filling the jar and the fact that the Everyday Jars Framelits coordinates with the Jar of Love Stamp Set making it SOOO easy to cut the jars and coordinating pieces out for your projects. I’m going to have fun making a framed piece with this stamp set!
This stamp set is also perfect for my niece as we celebrate that she is a High School graduate! We are so proud of Kerrigan and all the hard work she put into her High School career. She received four different awards and honors including being part of the International Baccalaureate Program along with the National Honor Society. Kerrigan also received a Social Studies rewards from her High School. You might be wondering HOW the Jar of Love Stamp Set is perfect as a graduation card for her. Well, Kerrigan called me a few weeks ago asking me to make some decorations for her graduation and as it turns out they have found some antique Mason Jars that are the “blue” mason jars that you can no longer buy. I’ve been working at making various tags and can’t wait to share them later next week after the Graduation Party. There will also be a candy bar with “smarty pants,” “cookie diplomas,” and more!
The color challenge consists of So Saffron, Mint Macaron, Calypso Coral and “mystery” In Color! I actually choose to use all three of the colors listed along with the NEW 2016-2018 In Color called Peekaboo Peach. If you don’t know it aleady, you’ll quickly find out that this is definitely one of my FAVORITE new In Colors… I just can’t get enough of Peekaboo Peach. The card uses several additional stamp sets including the NEW Thoughtful Banners Stamp Set.
Jar of Love Graduation Card Recipe:
- Stamp the medium Mason Jar from the Jar of Love Stamp Set with Mint Macaron on a piece of Whisper White Card Stock and use the Everyday Jars Framelits to cut out the mason jar.
- Stamp the “string & bow” on the mason jar using the Peekaboo Peach Classic Ink.
- The two flowers are stamped using Peekaboo Peach as the base then the center is Calypso Coral. There are three stamps used on the flower.
- Using So Saffron, stamp the “straw” (or weed). Yes, my first thought was that the straw or greenery looked like a weed. I opted to make it look like straw by using the So Saffron Classic Ink.
- Use the Everyday Jars Framelits to cut out the straw and flowers.
- On the Whisper White card front, use the large background stamp from the Perpetual Calendar Stamp Set. I really like how this stamped image helped “anchor” the jar.
- Attach the straw to the back of the mason jar with Fast Fuse.
- Randomly wrap Silver Metallic Thread behind the mason jar.
- Using Stampin’ Dimensionals, attach the mason jar and straw to your card front placing it just above the stamped background.
- Add the two stamped flowers with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Choose your sentiment and attach to the card. I used the Thoughtful Banners Stamp Set and hand cut the sentiment as I wanted them to be sized different and small enough not to overwhelm the mason jar. The sentiment is stamped with Calypso Coral.
- Take the card front and glue to the Peekaboo Peach card stock then attach to your Thick Whisper White card base.
Here is this weeks Card Sketch with the Paper Craft Crew. If you are having a mental creative block, card sketches are a great way to kickstart your creative juices. Why not stop over at the Paper Craft Crew, create a card inspired by this weeks Card Sketch and post to the blog!
To purchase the products used on this beautiful project, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used.
I also invite you to pin my creations to Pinterest and to share your thoughts or questions by leaving me a comment. I love hearing from all my readers – word of mouth is one of the greatest forms of flattery. Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest!
I’m actively building my Stampin’ Up! team and invite you to join the Sunny Craftin’ Crew! We are a group that loves having fun, creating and doing what we love with Paper Crafting – we are spread out across the United States and around the globe (Military Downline). Some of us are Business Demo’s and some are Hobby Demo’s… I love having both on my team. Now is an especially GREAT time to join. Feel free to email me if you have questions or click HERE to join my team today!
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!
Place an ORDER TODAY by clicking on the items shown in my Product Supply List!