Oh, my Bloomin Heart! Check out this 50th Wedding Anniversary Card celebrating Summer Celebrations… Anniversaries happen throughout the year but if you are like my family, we often celebrate major Anniversaries during the summer months even if the Anniversary was during the winter. It is just easier for those that may be traveling long distance. Our family also usually combines the celebration with a family reunion. They are fun times for a summer celebration!
Over at Stampin’ Up! Only Challenges we are bringing you a Summer Celebration challenge. The new challenge is lots of fun and there are just so many different summer celebrations. We invite you to come play along as this challenge starts today and ends on Friday, June 17th @ 6AM EST.
SUO Challenge #150
I was very excited when a good friend asked me to make not ONE but two 50th Anniversary Cards to help her and her sister celebrate their parents 50th Anniversary. I definitely wanted to create two different cards and I’m thrilled with the results. My hope is that Deirdre’s parents enjoy both cards. It is always wonderful to hear my friends talk about their parents especially when they are celebrating such a major life milestone.
This Bloomin Heart card exceeded my wildest imagination as I was creating it last minute… Don’t we all work best under pressure? My original thought was to use Mint Macaron but then Blushing Bride jumped out at me! How did that happen?!?! And, I was thinking I would use Flirty Flamingo because I ADORE Flirty Flamingo BUT Sweet Sugarplum decided to beckon and beg me to be used on this card. Sometimes colors just speak to you when you least expect.
- Using the Bloomin’ Heart Thinlits Die, cut out a large heart from Blushing Bride card stock. TIP: The Die Brush helps “push” the design out of the thinlit after you have run it through the Big Shot! This is a MUST HAVE tool!
- Cut three flowers from each of the small flower dies included with the Bloomin’ Heart Thinlits from the Sweet Sugarplum card stock.
- Attach the heart to a Very Vanilla card front.
- Layer the small flower inside the larger flower. I used the Tombow Multipurpose glue on the flowers.
- Cut the 5 and 0 found in the Large Number Framelits from the Gold Glimmer Paper.
- Use the Number of Years Stamp Set…
- stamp the banner outline using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- stamp the Anniversary using Blushing Bride Ink inside of the banner outline.
- stamp the “th” with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.
- Cut out the the banner and “th” flag using the Large Number Framelits.
- Attach the “th” flag to the back of the “0.”
- Center the 50 over the heart and attach using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Attach the Anniversary Banner with Stampin’ Dimensionals across the bottom portion of the Blushing Bride heart and overlapping the bottom of the 50.
- Attach the Sweet Sugarplum flowers placed in a “triangle” around the 50 and Anniversary Banner.
- For the finishing touch, add some Rhinestone Jewels to the center of each flower.
- Layer the card front on a piece of Sweet Sugarplum card stock and attach to the Very Vanilla card base.
That is it! A gorgeous Anniversary Card that came together perfectly. I really do love the finished card and, again, hope that my friends parents also enjoy the card.
Now, don’t forget to visit the SUO! Challenges blog to check out the creations from the other Design Team members!
I invite you to pin any of my creations to Pinterest and to share your thoughts or questions by leaving me a comment. I love hearing from all my readers – word of mouth is one of the greatest forms of flattery.
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!
Place an ORDER TODAY by clicking on the items shown in my Product Supply List!