Today, I’m sharing some totally awesome Alternative Paper Pumpkin ideas using the Be Mine Valentine Kit. This months Paper Pumpkin coordinates with the Animal Expedition Bundle. And, I’m truly sorry if you missed out. I love the January 2019 Paper Pumpkin Kit.
But, I know not everyone does love it. Continue reading for some great alternative projects and ways to share the finished projects you make. For those of you that may not “love” the kit, think outside the box on how you CAN brighten someone’s day. I’ll be sharing my thoughts and some ideas below. So, read on my friends!
A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop
Be Mine Valentine
Here is one of the original designs from the January 2019 Paper Pumpkin Be Mine Valentine Kit. The kit features 24 adorable pillow boxes featuring two designs. I went ahead and quickly made one of the two designs. This kit is adorable. And, it is brilliant how you can decide between two colors for the outside of the Pillow Box.
Alternative Paper Pumpkin Projects
I have two fun alternative Paper Pumpkin Projects. The first project I’m sharing is a Paper Pumpkin 3D Treat Holder alternative project that holds one of those new Mug Cakes from Duncan Hines! And, my second Paper Pumpkin alternative project is a clean and simple, but totally adorable, card!
Paper Pumpkin Alternative 3D Treat Holder
Check this out! I just recently saw these Mug Cakes in the grocery store and I knew they would make great little gifts. But, adorable packaging was a must. Cue the Paper Pumpkin Kit… with just a few adjustments, I turned the pillow box into a “box” with open sides that allow the Mug Cake to site inside.
This project features also features the Coastal Cabana / Granny Apple Green 3/8″ Reversible Ribbon and the coordinating Animal Expedition Designer Series Paper and the Animal Expedition Stamp Set.
Clean & Simple Paper Pumpkin Alternative Card
I freaking LOVE how adorable this card is with the speckles and chameleons! Are these just over the top adorable? Well, even if you don’t think so, I’ll beg to differ and tell you that I love them.
This clean & simple card features a Thick Whisper White base layered with another layer of Whisper White Card Stock with flecks of Granny Apple Green (OK, this was an oops but I love how it turned out) AND Lemon Lime Twist flecks. To create the flecks, I used the Stampin’ Write Markers and “flicked” the watercolor brush side against the inside of the cap outwards towards the paper. Pretty cool, right?
Then, I added a piece of the Braided Linen Trim that has carried over from the Holiday Catalog. This trim is one of my favorite “ribbons” from this past year. I used the rectangle stitched dies to die cut a piece from the Pillow Boxes. Then, I stamped the sentiment on one of the little white rectangles included with the kit and adhered it to the stitched rectangle with dimensional. Next, I punched out the two Chameleons and added them then attached that element to the card front. Finally, I added the epoxy hearts which are also from the Paper Pumpkin Kit.
Do you see how easy it is to make alternative projects? Now I just need to figure out who the recipient will be of this awesome card.
Ideas for Sharing Paper Pumpkin
I know… not everyone loves surprises! But, that is a big part of what makes Paper Pumpkin so much fun. There have been months that I’ve not cared for the kits contents. Actually, I’ll confess to downright disliking some kits to the point that they sit mostly unused. BUT, not anymore!
There was a recent Facebook discussion with someone complaining about how they felt the January 2019 Paper Pumpkin kit was too “childish.” Me, I personally love how cute this kit is and love everything about it. But, what really caught my attention were some of the comments which really got me thinking about how you can use the finished kits to bring a smile to someone’s face.
Here are some wonderful ideas on how to bless others especially if “you may not like the kit!”:
- Bless a young mother that would enjoy making the kit with her kids.
- Share with a young crafter so they can make the kit and share it with their friends.
- Make the projects then carry the cards, treat holders, or 3D items with you and hand them out to a stranger.
- Tagging onto the previous item… make the items and hand them out to first responders!
- Take the finished projects to a school and bless the teachers or school administrators.
- Bring the kit to a homeless shelter for a family to enjoy (and don’t forget to bring some extra treats for them to place inside and enjoy while making the kit).
- Hand the finished projects out to homeless along with a gift card or necessities.
- After eating out, leave a project on the table along with the tip for your server.
Do you get where I’m going with this? Yeah, it may not be your favorite kit but why should that matter? So, go ahead, give the kit away or make the kit up and find creative ways to bless others!
Blog Hop Continued…
You can continue on to the next blog by clicking on the link below after my name. Or, you can click HERE for Monika Davies! I hope you’ve enjoyed my projects and found some inspiration along with ideas for blessing someone with either a Paper Pumpkin Kit or finished project.
- Order 24/7… Place your order now! Click HERE!
- Purchase products shared today by clicking on the items below or by visiting my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store.
- Don’t forget, if ordering less than $150.00 then use the monthly Hostess Code (today, January 31st is the last day to use this code):
THE ULTIMATE STAMPIN’ UP! BUNDLE!
And, during Sale-A-Bration IT IS EVEN BETTER! Chose from TWO awesome offers that are hard to resist! This is definitely the best bundle and value of Stampin’ Up! products you can get! Check out the details:
- $50 FREE PRODUCT BONUS! It’s only available for a short time DURING SALE-A-BRATION (Jan. 3 – March 31).
- There are two ways to purchase the Starter Kit and join Stampin’ Up during Sale-A-Bration!
- Option A ($50 Stampin’ Up! product bonus): Choose up to $175 in product for $99 (that’s $76 in FREE product) and it ships FREE for another 10% savings! Excludes Host sets and Sale-A-Bration gifts.
- Option B ($50 Stampin’ Up! product bonus with craft tote): Choose up to $175 in product for $129 (that’s $76 in FREE product) and it ships FREE for another 10% savings. This kit option includes a beautiful Craft & Carry Tote Bag valued at $50. t is perfect for on-the-go crafting. And, you save $20 on the tote bag as part of the kit. Excludes Host sets and Sale-A-Bration gifts.
- Check out this video of the Craft & Carry Tote Bag as George shares a close up look of all its features! For a close up look at the Craft & Carry Tote, check out this brochure.